The airline which was found to experience the most delays is Jin Air, which saw 85.48% of their flights delayed over the period analysed
The newly released Flight Delay & Cancellation Index has analysed over 60,000 flights to find which airlines and airports are most likely to cause passenger disruption. The results include:
- Jin Air is the airline with the most delays
- Shenzhen Airlines has the longest average delay
- Air Arabia is subject to most cancellations
- Passengers are most likely to be delayed setting off from Dubai International Airport
- Passengers are most likely to arrive late into Gimpo International Airport
The airline which was found to experience the most delays is Jin Air, which saw 85.48% of their flights delayed over the period analysed. The airline with the longest average delay time is Shenzhen Airlines, which experienced an average delay time of 30.29 minutes, with over 50% of their flights experiencing a delay. Air Arabia was the airline which experienced the highest number of cancellations, with an astounding 91.63% of their flights cancelled during the time period analysed.
Meanwhile, Dubai International Airport is the departure point where passengers are most likely to experience a delay setting off, and Gimpo International Airport in South Korea is the airport where flights are most likely to arrive late.